Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

"How To Answer The Fool" DVD Review

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; Fools despise wisdom and instruction. 
Proverbs 1:7 NASB

Today I received and watched the "How To Answer the Fool: A Presuppositional Defense of the Faith" DVD with Sye Ten Bruggencate (put out by The American Vision).
http://howtoanswerthefool.com
I also already read through the introduction and began the first chapter of the Study Guide.

Although I have heard Sye before online, I found this latest  production to be a great synopsis of the different things I have learned from him.

Where does knowledge start?  With God.
I became a Christian at a young age, so for me the reminders of evidence has been helpful, but that's NOT what this is about. 
Presuppositional apologetics are something relatively new to me, although I knew the Biblical basis (verses that support it) on which it is based.

Sye's approach is really superb for beginners in helping us to understand that people are not the judge of God and that we don't have to prove Him to the unbeliever.  Evidences do not save.

While the DVD or MP4 does not show as much of it, I have seen and heard Sye online showing caring and concern and giving the Gospel (which could have been shown even more on this film I admit).
Yes, Sye Ten Bruggencate is an online friend of  mine, although I'm not always sure that he is sure about that.   He isn't perfect, but I love his passion for the truth and his love for God.  He's a diamond in the rough.

I highly recommend this course.  It will likely be an eye opener for many Christians and a great resource for small groups.  I have learned quite a bit already, but this may be used for the church Sunday School at the church I attend (by an elder who already ordered it as well).  We shall see!  It is worth watching and going over again!  I'm not sure if I will ever be able to articulate what I've learned quite as well as I'd wish.

(Spoiler: you may see people you are familiar with on or mentioned on this DVD.)
 

3 comments:

  1. "Sye's approach is really superb for beginners in helping us to understand that people are not the judge of God and that we don't have to prove Him to the unbeliever. Evidences do not save."

    Neither does a presupposed knowledge of God, Salvation rests not in the knowledge of God but in the faith of the believer through the Grace of God. We would well to remember Presuppostional Apologeticd is a handy and Biblical tool but it is not the Gospel ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely the Gospel is needed for salvation...and salvation is a work and gift of God. Sye would agree with that. I mentioned that I have heard him give the Gospel. (They do have the Gospel as something that can be viewed separately on the DVD.) Sye often travels with others who give the Gospel. ☺

      Delete
  2. I just wrote my review today after watching the video last night. I love his passion for the Truth and faithful consistency. I am posting a giveaway on my blog just because I believe his work in proclaiming God is of absolute necessity. More people need to watch this video!

    ReplyDelete