Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Debating Dillahunty - My Review

I was able to watch Debating Dillahunty not long ago, so I am going to share my post-watching review.   It was exciting that I was able to do it by using a gift card!

I appreciate so much to see Sye Ten Bruggencate's patience with Matt Dillahunty & other professing "atheists".
 I'll admit I do get frustrated dealing with people that I come across online who seem so hardened to the truth. 
You want them to see & understand even though we know it's a work of God.

People act like they are tolerant of whatever keeps them comfortable in their sin.
As the Steve Taylor song says, they are "so open-minded that your brain leaked out."
But when it comes to the true Triune God of the Bible, they stop up their eyes and ears and minds.  It is also the blinding of Satan and God giving them over to hardening in their unbelief.
Being open-minded isn't a good thing.  Christians need to be careful not to open their minds to worldly philosophies and heresies that contradict Scripture for instance.
As John MacArthur said,  "If you have an open mind, close it before you destroy yourself." 
Open-mindedness leads to contradictions and nonsensical statements.
 Matt Dillahunty doesn't make a lot of sense -- like someone plugging their ears and humming to avoid facing the truth & then blaspheming.
I still pray for people who seem hardened, because God is able to open the eyes of any that He chooses to.

 I'll admit that while watching the documentary I did laugh at Sye's picture of the brain in a vat saying Blah, blah, blah or something. Was that terrible of me? I had forgotten that from the debate.

I was pleased to once again see Sye's feelings about God & His love.  This was brought out more from footage outside of the debate as well.

 It's so easy for those of us who have been Christians a long time to not be as moved by or appreciate what God's done for us as we ought.

I had watched the online version of the debate, but this documentary is not a repeat of that. 

I think that it will be eye opening for many. 

If you haven't watched it yet: 
 

Debating Dillahunty - Trailer from Crown Rights on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment