Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Songs of Comfort for Believers

When believers are going through dark trials, songs of comfort as well as Scripture and helpful sermons can bring some solace. 
Encouragement and the prayers of other believers as well as one's own are of great help.
It popped into my head today that sharing a list of songs that have encouraged me or other believers who are friends would be a great idea. 
In the future, I may do a separate post with sermons and other links that are edifying and encouraging.
We shall see.

Songs of Comfort & Encouragement


He Will Hold Me Fast (Ada Habershon / Matthew Merker)

Whate'ver My God Ordains Is Right  (Words by Words by Samuel Rodigast / Music by Jeff Bourque)

Jesus, I My Cross Have Taken (Words by Henry Francis Lyte / Music written by Bill Moore)

The Dark Before the Dawn (by Andrew Peterson)

Dear Refuge of My Weary Soul (Words by Anne Steel / Music Matt Merker)

Christ the Sure and Steady Anchor (Matt Boswell)

Still, My Soul Be Still (Words & Music: Keith & Kristyn Getty, Stuart Townend)

O Thou, In Whose Presence (Words Joseph Swain / Music Freeman Lewis)

No comments:

Post a Comment