Search This Blog

Sunday, October 18, 2020

Praying for Enemies

 I was thinking tonight about how it seems that those of us who are active on social media and those who follow the news seem to gravitate toward hearing and reading things that are outrageous.

Granted, this world seems to not always realize when things going on are outrageous.  The crazy things seem to be quite common, accepted, and even praised by many.

We should find evil offensive, and we should see heresy and false doctrine for what it is.  

The problem is that it is so easy to start seeing the craziness as entertaining or horrifying like watching a bad car wreck without any care about the eternal souls of those involved.

I'm not here to attack my friends or be scolding.  I'm sure I'm no better than others.

I did think that it would be a good idea to think a moment on the fact that the people involved have eternal souls.  They may seem to espouse evil or seemingly insane ideas, but nonetheless they need to be prayed for.  They need the Gospel, and even if they aren't on your contact list or able to be directly contacted...perhaps you (or even just I myself) should remember to pray more often for the people whose names stand out to me.

Christ loved and died for enemies like we once were.  Do I love enemies enough to pray for them?  Sometimes.  Do I pity them, or do I just write them off like they don't matter?  

It's something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment