Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Essential Scriptures, Fighting Sin with Scripture, & James Coates Interview

Essential Scriptures

There is a book that is scheduled to come out on July 6, 2021 that I was excited to read about!  

It has the Scripture verses undergirding doctrines right in the book.  I tend not to look up a lot of the Bible references when they are simply listed in a book (so many of them), and this would have the verses right there in front of my nose (though I still will need glasses to read them well).

The Essential Scriptures: A Handbook of Key Texts for Key Doctrines by Kevin Zuber


Fighting Sin with Scripture

John MacArthur recently put out a blog post for TMU students that encourages learning Scripture to fight sin.  I have found that verses and prayer have helped me in the past in overcoming a sinful habit.  My mind may be rather foggy for learning now, but I have recently started trying again to go over some verses of Romans 5.  

Someone recently pointed out (not in the article) that if Christians are jailed (and they may not always give people Bibles), then knowing Scripture in your mind will be especially valuable. 

Fight Sin with Scripture by John MacArthur


James Coates Interview

For those who have not already seen this interview that a lady did of James Coates (and I know many of you have), I am putting it here for people to watch.  It was emotionally moving and also encouraging.


1 comment:

  1. KT, thank you for your "watchman on the wal" (Ezekiel) blog. It encourages me, and frankly keeps me up-to-date on Christian things that are happening. Keep up the good work (and the Lord's work). May be bless you in serving Him.

    ReplyDelete