Search This Blog

Saturday, October 8, 2016

Are we the only ones?

First of all, I'll state that we believe in the doctrines of grace. 
That is rare in these parts, but even where some may privately agree on that there can be other issues that make me feel we are aliens.

Are we the only ones left who believe women shouldn't preach?

Okay...maybe we are not completely alone on that one, but it is becoming an increasing rarity.

Are we the only ones left who don't believe women should teach men in Sunday School classes?

The list of those who agree is narrowing.

Are we the only ones left who feel women shouldn't lead the congregation in prayer?

Now I'm even more of a rarity. I just saw a lady writing for 9 Marks whose church thinks it's okay, and I've been to churches that allowed it (which I disagreed with). 
The lady posting on 9 Marks' site was writing under the guise of supporting complementarianism of all things!
This really disappointed me to see 9 Marks posting this. 
Their next article that I saw by a woman seemed to be rather instructive to pastors which only exacerbated me in my disappointment.

Are we the only ones who don't believe women should read the Scripture for the church service?

Okay, I know some probably agree on that one, but the number is becoming increasingly small.

Are we the only ones who don't believe a woman should be the main worship leader to lead the congregation?

So many churches want to push the envelope to see how far they can go in putting women in places of authority in the church.

Does anybody care about 1 Corinthians 14:34-35 or 1 Timothy 2:11-15 anymore? 

This is just one of the issues that I have been dealing with lately that has left me discouraged, but I remind myself that others have gone before us who have stood seemingly alone on many Biblically based issues. 
Each generation of believers must hold fast to the Word of God and sound doctrine based on the truth therein.
We may seem like a dying breed, but the truth never can die out. 
While there are many true Christians who give a little here and there, we shouldn't have to go that route. 
I don't want to have to compromise on any truth, yet I want to obey God and assemble with believers. 
It seems we would have to compromise on some doctrine to do this.
This is our dilemma....

No comments:

Post a Comment