Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 18, 2020

He Must Win the Battle

I finished another chapter in the Biblical Doctrine book recently, and I have 3 more chapters to go in the Ephesians commentary (by John MacArthur). 
It's been taking me years to go through these things.
Those who zipped right through, please don't laugh.
It always feels nice to finish a chapter! 
I got the commentary way back when they were having a good sale, and the other book was a gift. 

It's funny how some of the books and messages that I hear end up overlapping each other in what they talk about despite the fact that I'm crawling through the books.
The new chapter I'm reading in Biblical Doctrine (MacArthur/Mayhue) is speaking of angels (holy and not).
The chapter in the commentary that I finished today spoke of demons and the spiritual battle (and it's not about methods to try to get rid of demons), and Don Green (of Truth Community Church in the Cincinnati, OH area) has been teaching recently on the armor of God, etc. ...well from the same book of the Bible (Ephesians). 

Timing. 

And then with what is going on in this nation & even affecting churches, it is a reminder of the spiritual battle that is still going on. 
It's not just about political battles or earthly fighting or about COVID-19.
Satan wants to harm the church and do damage.

I've also been reminded more than once from a few sources about getting into the Word.
We need to not just be snorkeling through it, but we need to dive deep (yeah, I've been listening to Steve Lawson a little too).
The Word sanctifies believers, and it's the Sword.
I know I don't spend enough time in it.
How about you?

Prayer is also important.  God is the one who will win the battle.  
We can't fight in our own strength.

1 comment:

  1. Another good blog post, KT. I often find the Sunday sermons meshing with my devotions and other reading. It is the Holy Spirit, of course. And we do so NEED to get deep into God's word - and resist all the temptations that keep us from doing that.

    ReplyDelete