Search This Blog

Saturday, February 13, 2021

Evangelism & Discernment - Conference Highlights

I'm back on here again to share about some some messages and music that I heard when streaming the Truth & Life Conference the other week.

The first message was by John MacArthur on evangelism and was one of the two I thought was especially good.  I wish that I had taken notes!  
Update: Watch it HERE!

Costi did the second session.  I believe that one was also on evangelism.
You can watch it HERE.

The third session was also Costi Hinn (who turned away from the lifestyle and beliefs of his uncle Benny), and he gave a good warning about false teaching (deceptions).  Getting the Gospel almost right is all wrong.
"If you want to please God, don't mess with His message." - Costi Hinn
Costi also warned about the dangers of churches using music from heretics at the conference saying, "Why borrow from Beelzebub?"

I saw one person commenting about how that message was one of the best they'd heard.
Certainly, people do need to hear messages on discernment.
Watch it HERE.

Sam Horn spoke the second day finishing off the conference.

The most memorable song (for me) that Shane & Shane led was sung as a prayer.
The only thing that I avoid when singing this song is the part they added about us crowning Jesus.
I know there are a lot of hymns that say "Crown Him," but I struggle with the concept of in what way do we as humans really crown the God of the universe?  
Well, that's me.  I'm sure people mean it in a figurative sense.  
I still liked the song.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks again for sharing from the conference. What you said about crowning Jesus is thought provoking. I never envisioned myself putting a crown on his head - I think God did that when he raised Him up and set Him on the throne. What it means to me is that I "crown Him" as King in my heart. My LORD. Not sure what either songwriter actually meant, but that's what it means to me. Thanks too for being a "watchman on the wall."

    ReplyDelete