Search This Blog

Saturday, June 5, 2021

Premillennialism - Eschatology Matters

 I've been reading the chapter in Biblical Doctrine that addresses eschatology in recent times (The Future).  I'm nearly at the end of page 861 at this point.  I do recommend the book.

I've been premillennial all along, so I will state that right off.  It goes along with my straight reading of Scripture (even if there are some things about the future that I've kind of blended together and confused in my mind).  There are clearly things promised to Israel that haven't been fulfilled yet.  The gifts and calling of God are irrevocable.  The whole church is not what is being talked about in various passages (including the Old Testament).  The grafted in people do not nullify the promises to believing Jewish people (as Romans 11 lets me know).  

The final chapter in the Biblical Doctrine book (MacArthur/ Mayhue) has helpful information that can separate out things mentioned that happens in the millennial Kingdom from what comes after.  It talks about Heaven now as well as the future (even interesting facts like the martyrs are given a white robe in Revelation 6:11 which shows they have a body form of some sort).  I have a ways to go, and my mind cannot easily remember everything that I have read.  I have used pencil to highlight some of the things that have stood out to me so far.

A few years ago, I watched at least a couple of the Master's Seminary chapel messages streaming online on the subject of premillennialism (yeah, I'll admit I was watching their chapel live-streams), and I will share links for you that I can find that seem to be from that series. 

I should watch them all, including the ones I can tell that I watched before!

Premillennialism Videos

1. Brad Klassen addressed the subject using hermeneutics (the method of interpreting the text...specifically of Scripture):  TMS Chapel: Brad Klassen - January 30th, 2018

2. Premillennialism and the Old Testament (Michael Grisanti)

3. The Historical Perspective  (Nathan Busenitz)

4. Premillennialism and the New Testament (Greg Harris)

5. Premillennialism and the Kingdom (Michael Vlach)

6. Premillennialism and Theology  (James Mook)

I hope that these will be helpful for people who want to learn.  

1 comment: