Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Dating, Courtship, and Marriage - Paul Washer (Excerpt) / Romanian subti...

This post can be for both single and married people.
Love is a commitment and giving. It's easy for many of us to be selfish in looking for someone to love us and sacrifice for us. Now, some of us have disabilities that would limit what service we could do for another person, but I think giving could mean being supportive and encouraging and trying to put someone else ahead of self. That doesn't sound easy!
For myself as a single person, I need to take note of these verses:

Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. Philippians 2:3-4 NASB

I know I have a long ways to go!



To watch the full video which is also good for married and single people, you can click the link below.
It's not what you think. I was hesitant to listen to it, because I'm an older single woman. It's often painful to listen to messages about courtship for me. This doesn't really get into it too deeply. It's about a lot more than just that. It's worth a listen anyway.

Click here for the message.

No comments:

Post a Comment