Search This Blog

Friday, December 9, 2016

Christmas Caroling - Missed Opportunities

Have you ever been Christmas caroling? 

I went out at least once with a church group when I was much younger, and we went especially to houses of people of the church.
I think at least one of the places we went to was where there was a shut-in.
We actually went into houses and visited  with people.

 In the old movies, Christmas caroling was quite common, but I haven't heard or seen much of that most of my life.
It seems to be a rare thing anymore...at least in communities where I've lived.

Wouldn't it be great if Christians not only went out and sang Christian songs about Jesus' birth, but if they combined this with important things like ministering to shut-ins and giving the Gospel out to surrounding communities?
Are not many solid Biblical churches missing opportunities to shine the light of the Gospel at a time of year when people are celebrating something they don't even understand?
I realize some churches use concerts, but not everybody will make the effort to go to one or is able to go to one.

making the most of your time, because the days are evil. 
Ephesians 5:16 NASB

Ray Comfort shared an interesting video about combining singing and giving the Gospel.
"Amazing Grace" is a great song, and why not do something like he suggests?

Perhaps a group could choose to sing the song "It's About The Cross" as an alternate choice (or whatever song with good Gospel lyrics that you can think of).

If you try doing something like this, I'd love to hear about it!


I would pick different tracts, but I like the idea of people handing out tracts and singing in combination with evangelism...even alongside street preachers!

No comments:

Post a Comment