Search This Blog

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Declaring the End from the Beginning

I heard a question and answer session recently that I took some notes on.
I thought I'd share something from Isaiah 46...and it can be comforting to know this after earthquakes and so many unusual things that have gone on lately.
"Remember the former things long past,
For I am God, and there is no one like Me,
Declaring the end from the beginning,
And from ancient times things which have not been done,
Saying, 'My purpose will be established,
And I will accomplish all My good pleasure';"...
I know that God will work things to serve His purpose. Even in events that seem terrible, He is likely to be working out something good in peoples hearts and lives who are still living.
Also, at the same time He shows mercy and love and His goodness to people...His character...and He can even use us!
Kind of a neat thought that God can use me even through prayer and sometimes giving through other Christians showing God's kindness.
So, whatever the reasons in earthquakes, recessions, blizzards, we know God's Hand will be accomplishing something good.
Sorry if I'm sounding like teaching. These are thoughts that have come to my mind, and also what I've listened to this week...besides the Olympics, etc.
God is sovereign!

No comments:

Post a Comment