Search This Blog

Friday, April 24, 2020

All Things for Good - During a Pandemic

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.  Romans 8:28 NASB

Christians know this is true, but we don't always think about it when we go through trials or inconveniences in life.
Some people kindly responded to a question I posed online recently.

What is one way you have seen God using this time (of COVID-19) for good?

"He’s provided more time for reading and learning." - Miyoshi

"I’ve seen some unexpected people tuning into live-streamed sermons that were unexpected. SDG"
- Justin B.

"I know of several people that have become better stewards of what God gives. Things like not wasting food, being more careful about spending, spending more time with family, being thankful for those in their life and praying for one another." - Richard S.

"More intentional communication with others. Time. Growth in sanctification!" - Jeanine S.

"1- I've seen more people publicly asking for prayers all over the world, which makes us remember the needs outside our circle.
2-The isolation has served to bring to mind the real depth and effects of private sins."
- Marco S.

I have seen it make all of us long for the fellowship with other believers, and it has given us opportunity to spend more time in Bible study, reading good books. 
I have seen it for myself personally make me remember to pray more for many to come to Christ. 
I have seen opportunities for the gospel, and know of many who have relatives and friends who are more open to listening to the truth. - Wendy C.

Here is my response to my own question with additional thoughts:

From the things I have heard and observed, the Gospel has been proclaimed online a lot more through preaching, social media, and other online videos during this time.
God has used this, and He may be using it more than we know.
People have realized their mortality and have had more time to reflect on their relationship to God.
There have been more services, hymn sings, devotionals, and other videos put out by Biblical churches.
I hope that people will see how useful Gospel video tracts can be in the future!

Thanks again to the others who shared their observations.  
It's always good to remind ourselves of things to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment