Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Love More & Complain Less

It has really bothered me seeing people minimizing the danger of COVID-19 and ridiculing efforts to protect and save lives (and keep hospitals from being overwhelmed).

We still don't know everything about this virus.
Many people have gotten horribly sick (worse than the flu), many have been on ventilators, and many have died (and they aren't all in Heaven). 
Many more would have died if not for the early efforts that some people complain about. 
The family of the 5-year-old in Michigan are going to miss their daughter (in case people don't care about those who die who are older or have other health problems...which they should). 
If you know people who are elderly or have other health issues, do you quickly dismiss their health and their lives?
Most people (if not all) in my immediate family fit into the higher risk category.

A lot of people died in New York, but perhaps some aren't affected by that...if you don't live there. 
I've heard a guy in a live-stream talk about how he was shaking the whole bed being so horribly sick. 
Another lady (another Christian) prayed she would die, it was so awful, and those were cases where they stayed out of the hospital.
Another guy (and this is someone I was acquainted with in the past) was in a coma at a hospital on a ventilator for some time. 
I read about another guy whose organs nearly shut down. 
Then there are those who did not live...husbands, mothers, and others who will be missed by people.
Yes, those of us who belong to the Lord will go to be with the Lord, and God will be with us in our sickness. 

I'll admit that being horribly sick does frighten me.  
I already have a number physical problems.  
I don't like to feel crummy, but I already have feelings of unwellness often (and dizziness).

There are those who are blessed and have coronavirus mildly or are asymptomatic (though they may spread it to others), but a lot of people who get it do not consider it a picnic. 
Even churches have lost pastors. 
Those who have lost loved ones will not be impressed by bravado or mockery of those trying to make decisions to save lives. 

Christians should be willing to sacrifice for the health of others despite knowing that those in Christ who die will have joy and not suffer any more. 
We, of all people, should care about eternal souls, and we as Christians should be patient and good citizens.
If we complain all over social media about temporary rules, does that make us a better witness to the world?
This isn't about persecution for the most part.
Sure, some politicians will not always be consistent, but within their worldview many of them are doing their best.

Now, I realize some people are hurting financially, and that is why it is good to cautiously move toward opening things up when possible.
As Christians, we should pray for authorities to make wise decisions.
If you can help someone else in need, that is a great thing to do.

I realize I've vented a bit on here.  
I still care about those who disagree with me, and I know I need to be more patient with others.

I would like to copy what I saw on another blog for my next post (to be encouraging).
What is one way you have seen God using this time for good?
I would like to get responses to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment