Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Beth Moore Examined

Beth Moore…
Many Christians have heard this name, and many women are encouraged to participate in
Bible Studies and simulcasts by her at their churches. My Dad has done some research on her, and I also have searched online scouring to find more information about her. Some troubling information has arisen, and we are quite concerned about it. I want to share some of the links that I have found over time.
I do not know if these are people who I would agree with on every issue…in fact I would likely not, but I definitely see red flags when it comes to Beth Moore.
This first audio clip is quite lengthy and may take some time. Perhaps you will find some of it reaches a bit, but there is still substantial concern here.
http://www.extremetheology.com/2010/03/beth-moores-dangerous-bible-twisting.html
Below is one of the earlier things I found which mentions about “contemplative spirituality and other dangerous and mystical practices.” It is by a lady named Yvonne.
http://firstjohnfourfive.wordpress.com/2009/02/05/believe-god-not-beth-moore/
This next site has a few articles off of it that I think may alert some of my Christian readers.
http://pfo.org/Beth_Moore.htm
Next is a blog post by a Lutheran woman named Edie that the following site borrowed from with the original person's permission:
http://www.purposedrivel.com/2010/01/why-i-dont-do-beth-moore-anymore.html
I’m not saying that Beth Moore isn’t a Christian woman, but watch out when people start going away from God’s Word into emotionalism, focus on self, and into mysticism.
While this verse was written to Timothy (women should only teach other women or children in the church), I think the following verse is a good warning to even a woman who wants to teach other women or children as well.
“Pay close attention to yourself and to your teaching; persevere in these things, for as you do this you will ensure salvation both for yourself and for those who hear you. “
1 Timothy 4:16

No comments:

Post a Comment