Search This Blog

Monday, March 20, 2017

Fighting Bitterness

It doesn't matter how long we have been Christians, bitterness can be a temptation when we feel let down by other Christians.
Lately, I have been reminded how sinful I am, and that I need to be more patient toward others at different stages in their walk with Christ.
I need to speak the truth, but I need to love people more.
I have been discouraged so often, that I have become self-protective.
Sometimes my attitude can make me want to pull away from friends.
This isn't good.
God is patient with me, so why am I so impatient and easily annoyed at others?

Bitter Spirited Christians? • Spurgeon • Grace Gems

The older I get, the more I see how far I have yet to go in spiritual growth.
This doesn't mean that I should be tolerant of error or heresy or be friends with those who propagate it.
It does mean that I should be patient,  seeking and hoping the best for people, and not react in anger.
When seeing the hypocrisy and bad judgment in others, I must remember that my sins are just as bad in God's sight.
If He can forgive me and is patient with me, why do I have so little love and patience with others?
Christian friends, please pray for me to both endure health issues and to demonstrate love toward others.
If there is something that I can pray for you about, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment