Search This Blog

Friday, June 11, 2010

Refuge and Strength in Troubled Times

Here are some verses I read today that it is good for me to be reminded of:
"God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though
the earth should change
And though the mountains slip into
the heart of the sea;
Though its waters roar and foam,
Though the mountains quake at its swelling pride.
Selah.
(Psalm 46:1-3)
I do struggle with fear and anxiety, so I need to be reminded to give all of these things to God. I can't do a thing to change some things except to pray and remember the good things God has done before. He will help us even if the earth falls apart and the people go beserk....which seems to be happening at times these days. He's always taken care of our needs, and He has given help to endure and even better at times to have praise and a feeling of hope during difficult times.
It's nice to know His strength is made perfect in our weakness, because I'm sure a weakling!

No comments:

Post a Comment