Search This Blog

Friday, August 10, 2012

My Personal Short Story

A dark haired woman walks back and forth down a hall.  The temperature is warm and music is playing.  Her perception is off with tight muscles in her head and feelings as though her head is a buoy bobbing about in the water.  Suddenly she stops and grabs the wall in a doorway. Her head is feeling a sinking feeling and she slides quickly down into a crouch.  She makes an exclamation and family members come with pillows to put under her feet and head so that she may lie down with her legs raised up.
After awhile, she is able to sit up and lean against a closed door.  Phone calls are made.  No, she doesn't want to go to the E.R.  She's done that before.

The following day this same lady goes in for a same day appointment to satisfy her family.  A number of medical tests are ordered.  She goes out to eat for a family member's birthday meal, and her head feels like it's closing in on her with the sounds and dizziness.  Still, she manages to make it through and makes another stop on the way home.  Perhaps this woman is foolish, but she is also tired of staying at home often in bed.  This woman is me.  Likely you already figured that out!
Yes, but sometimes lately I feel a little improved laying down or reclining.  Hey, well I managed to sneak a tract amongst magazines at the doctor's and put "180" Movie business cards stacked at a table near the door of the restaurant!  Also, I hope that I made my family member's birthday a little happier!

Whatever is going on with my feeling dizzy most all of the time, I know that God won't give me more than I can bear.  Sometimes I wonder how far that will go!  Yes, now and then I panic...especially at night.  Fibromyalgia and the recent often dehabilitating dizziness can be discouraging, but even through this time I hope that I have ministered to some of my online friends while pushing myself to not give up. 

so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
1 Peter 1:7 NASB

No comments:

Post a Comment