Search This Blog

Friday, September 14, 2012

God Is Faithful In The Shadowland

Have you ever noticed that in the Bible you often see people going over and reminding themselves about what God has already done for them and for Israel in the past?

I believe that is a great example for me.  When I struggle with anxiety and lack of faith in God's taking care of me when I get stressed, I find it's helpful to remember that God has always taken care of me in the past as well.

Having grown up in a home where my Dad  was doing a ministry for many years, we sometimes were in the position where we didn't know where the money would come from to support us and the ministry.  Then God would provide for us ... sometimes from unexpected sources.

One time we were feeling the need to move from a house that had a mold issue in it that my parents were renting.  We prayed as a family one night and during the prayer time a phone call came from a man telling us about a house for rent!

There are just so many situations that God has helped me through.  Sometimes I have felt I couldn't stand pain or more recently dizziness and head ringing any longer.  I know that God knows more what I can stand better than I do ... which is often more than I think I can.  There are so many people out there suffering.  I know that God has a purpose in trials for me.  My desire is to have joy and faith in God during the trial.  I want to please God even in the shadowland.  He is faithful.

Sometimes the best way to go forward in faith is to remember God's role in the past.
I hope you can enjoy this lighthearted song by Josh Wilson which is another good reminder of God's faithfulness and sovereignty.

No comments:

Post a Comment