Search This Blog

Saturday, September 22, 2012

God Holds The Future

The steps of a man are established by the LORD, And He delights in his way. 
When he falls, he will not be hurled headlong, Because the LORD is the One who holds his hand. Psalm 37:23-24 NASB

It is a comfort to know that God is in control of  the circumstances of my life.  It is so easy for me to desire to control what happens in some way.  It's pretty ludicrous for me to think  that way, but still it is something that we as humans tend to do.

My lifespan, my health, my needs....all of that is dependent on God's sovereign will and provision.
The more limited I become in life, the more I feel my dependency.
I am thankful that I have a God who loves me and will be with me in the valleys, and if I should die I know that He will still be with me to hold my hand.  It brings tears to my eyes to think about that, and it also gives me peace.

This song is an old David Meece one that speaks of God holding the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment