Search This Blog

Monday, August 29, 2016

Whate'er My God Ordains Is Right - A Childlike Trust

On Sunday night I heard a song which had some solid lyrics that those of us who may be suffering would well attend to.

Sometimes our feelings rebel and resent increased pain and trials even as Christians.
Yet we don't want to be rebellious against God and His Sovereign purposes.
God does care about us, and we must look to Him for endurance, strength, and rescue.
I know that God is not unjust, and that one day sorrow and pain will depart for the believer in Heaven.
So, I must patiently endure, realizing the hope of  the joy of Heaven, and recognizing God's care of me on earth as well.
Even the hard times are meant to turn me to trust Him.

Christians, please pray that I will have true joy and a childlike trust in Christ in my trials with no sinful resentment, and if you would like prayer, please comment and let me know.
I know that some of my friends also are going through very difficult days.

 The last words of the four verses of the song "Whate'er My God Ordains Is Right" go like this:

 "He holds me that I shall not fall" 

 "His hand can turn my griefs away." 

 "...sweet comfort yet shall fill my heart." 

 And again:
"He holds me that I shall not fall."


 

Surely I have composed and quieted my soul; Like a weaned child rests against his mother, My soul is like a weaned child within me.
Psalm 131:2 NASB

No comments:

Post a Comment