Search This Blog

Friday, May 4, 2012

Fathomless Love

I enjoyed seeing the lyrics of this song recently, and I thought the tune was pretty good as well. We are so undeserving of God's love.  Jesus sacrificed a lot to come and die for those who would believe even while they were still His enemies.  It's so easy for me to take His love and death for sin for granted.  I realize just what a sinner I am at times, even though many times I want to shove that from my mind.

It's so easy for me to think how I haven't sinned like someone else, but I know my mind and my heart.  I am really no better, and it distresses me when I think about how awful I really am in my heart.   It is good for me to avoid the sins that distress me in others, but I also need to focus on battling the sin inside of me. 

I think most people can relate to these sins that rear their ugly heads in our lives: anger, lust, unbelief, hardness of heart, being unloving, anxiety, fear, impatience, coveting and feeling sorry for ourselves.



This Fathomless Love from jeronemo on GodTube.

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8 NASB

No comments:

Post a Comment