Search This Blog

Monday, January 30, 2017

Lordship Salvation Controversy - With A Twist

Sometimes I have trouble coming up with things to post on my blog, but then a conversation I have online brings up issues that I think are worth sharing.

This is one of those times.

There are still those out there who try to condemn Lordship salvation, although many have shifted away from that.

I remember way back when I was 17 and at a missionary school (that I dropped out of after a few weeks).
The evangelism leader did not want us to bring up Lordship when we were going to go out and evangelize on a college campus.
I spoke up for Lordship, because I didn't feel that I could do that (not talk about Lordship).
Yes,  I didn't feel I did well when I did actually go out that one time in actually saying a lot (we didn't stay that long and I'm normally shy).
Still, in the group, I opened my mouth and rambled about the two kinds of Lordship.

I remember hearing people discussing Lordship with each other after the group meeting....not with me.

Well, today, someone brought up this issue again, only this time it's calling MacArthur a synergist.

I'm sorry that it's hard to read, but I can't figure out how to change the color with the embedded comment.



One of my responses (edited only for typing mistakes) to Tim Irvin (after he also shared a video with snippets & some preaching that someone had put together to refute John MacArthur):

I used to go to Grace Community Church, and MacArthur is sound Biblically.
Anybody can try to twist what someone says by snippets.

And by this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments. 1 John 2:3 NASB

John MacArthur doesn't believe in salvation by works. Trust me on this. He believes salvation is from above. The rich young ruler did not obey, because he did not have true faith. True faith will obey & submit to God. If a person does not submit, then it is evidence that they don't have faith.

“And why do you call Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? Luke 6:46 NASB

But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves. James 1:22 NASB

MacArthur is not Roman Catholic.
He believers in imputation, and he does NOT believe works are meritorious for salvation.

This is from one of MacArthur's books: "Both James and Paul view good works as the proof of faith—not the path to salvation."
I hope people will read it.

----------------------------------------------------

Another comment I made in response to the synergism accusation:
The new birth is also a monergistic operation, which means God’s Spirit alone accomplishes it (as opposed to synergistic, which means that human effort participates in the process). - John MacArthur
Sin & The Work of The Spirit
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also shared separate links that you may want to read.

An Introduction To Lordship Salvation - GTY

Justification and Sanctification How do they Differ? by J.C. Ryle

Fruits of Repentance - GTY
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And this is his commandment, that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us. Whoever keeps his commandments abides in God, and God in him. And by this we know that he abides in us, by the Spirit whom he has given us.
1 John 3:23-24 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment