Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Not Forgotten

I am forgotten as a dead man, out of mind; I am like a broken vessel.
Psalm 31:12 NASB


Do you ever feel like that?
Sometimes I just let the tears flow, but then I have to keep enduring.
The only thing I can do is to keep going & look to the Lord.
If I look to my circumstances or think about the future (though thinking can even be difficult at times with the fog and tinnitus), I'm sunk.


Sometimes my mind tells me things that aren't wholly true...like nobody cares outside of God & my family.
I know it isn't the case with some of you who have been kind to me.
Some of you have even let me know when you pray for me and my family. 
You don't know how much that means to me, even if I don't tell all of you everything that's going on.
I often feel isolated, discouraged, and even marginalized at times.
Feelings don't always tell us the truth, and so I have to tell myself that.

Be strong and let your heart take courage,
All you who hope in the LORD.
Psalm 31:24 NASB

I will rejoice and be glad in Your lovingkindness,
Because You have seen my affliction;
You have known the troubles of my soul,
Psalm 31:7 NASB

But as for me, I trust in You, O LORD,
I say, “You are my God.”
Psalm 31:14 NASB

Turn to me and be gracious to me,
For I am lonely and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged;
Bring me out of my distresses.
Look upon my affliction and my trouble,
And forgive all my sins.
Psalm 25:16-18 NASB

God's care is what matters the most.  
He has not forgotten me or my family, so I must trust Him & His lovingkindness ...
I MUST.

No comments:

Post a Comment