Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Adoption Deferred, American Puritans, & a Live-Streamed Hymn Sing on May 13, 2020

Hope Deferred 
I've been praying about a young girl's adoption for a long time now, and the article linked below filled in some of the gaps in my knowledge of the situation.
It is all of God's plan, but it has been difficult for the family.
COVID-19 Ruined OUR Adoption Plans - Peter LeDuc

The American Puritans
Nate Pickowicz has teamed up with Dustin Benge to write a new book about some of the New England Puritans.
I have not read this particular book, but I know that Nate is an excellent writer.
I've also seen Dustin Benge's presence on Twitter, and so I know he has good things to say as well.
The American Puritans (on Amazon)
The book is also available to order on the Reformation Heritage Books site HERE.

Hymn Sing 

Grace Bible Church of Bakersfield, California, has been having a time for singing hymns live-streaming online on Wedenesday nights for a few weeks.
I've been enjoying participating by singing at home, even though it starts at 10 PM where I live!
It begins at 7 PM Pacific time. 
If you are able to be online and to sing along, I highly recommend it!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the updates and suggestions. I'm a reader and I love hymns. I also know many people who have adopted children (we did also, many years ago).

    ReplyDelete