Search This Blog

Monday, August 22, 2011

Separate from the World and Unified in Christ

I heard a couple of good messages about Jesus’ prayer given by John MacArthur in 1972 when he was 32 (amazing, huh?), and I decided to share some verses I looked up both from what I heard from that passage as well as others that related to my train of thought. The themes of the verses are to be different (set apart and holy) from the world, and the unity that true believers should have. I will put the links to the 2 messages underneath the verses below.

Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect. Romans 12:1, 2 NASB
“Therefore, COME OUT FROM THEIR MIDST AND BE SEPARATE,” says the Lord.
“AND DO NOT TOUCH WHAT IS UNCLEAN;
And I will welcome you.
“And I will be a father to you,
And you shall be sons and daughters to Me,”
Says the Lord Almighty.
2 Corinthians 6:17, 18
“I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. “I do not ask You to take them out of the world, but to keep them from the evil one. “They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. “Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth.
John 17:13-17
Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
Galatians 5:19-23
“The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one; I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me.
John 17:22, 23
Jesus Prays for Us, Part 1
http://www.gty.org/resources/Sermons/1568_Jesus-Prays-for-Us-Part-1
Jesus Prays for Us Pt 2
http://www.gty.org/resources/Sermons/1569_Jesus-Prays-for-Us-Part-2

No comments:

Post a Comment