Search This Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Where Were You On September 11, 2001?

Where were you on September 11, 2001?
I was in bed at home in California. I turned the radio on with the headphones on my ears to listen to the news, and I heard about planes hitting towers and then about them falling. It was early in the morning, but the planes had already hit the towers I believe. It reminded me of the story of the War of the Worlds, and how many people believed that to be true when it was broadcast. Only this was real!
A lot happened to my family in 2001...the death of my grandmother, a cousin hit by a van and unconscious for awhile, a family member went through a very difficult time and became unable to work, and another one left the country and got married. I had an online friendship I had to break off, and a lot of stress was involved with that. Then the attacks on 9/11. I thought at first that it was probably China, as they had threatened the U.S. Still, that was L.A. that was threatened. When I learned that Osama bin Laden was behind it, I remembered hearing about him on a radio talk show I used to listen to when Warren Duffy was on Live From L.A. There were a lot of people I believe in church the Sunday after the attacks (which we know also included the Pentagon and the other plane that was diverted by passengers into the field in Pennsylvania). Everyone is going to die someday. On this earth there will be murderers, liars, thieves, disease, and disasters. That’s because of sin. All of us are guilty of sin, although some sin affects more people than others. Every sin is against God, and all of us deserve eternal death from a just God Whose holiness demands it. I’m thankful that Jesus died and took my punishment for all my sins, and that He rose so that I could rise again and be with Him in a sin free place one day! I’m sharing a video here, but I don’t recommend the show this was performed on. As a Christian, I find too much that offends me and would offend God on it. I hope you enjoy the song (Scotty McCreery is very talented), and I would enjoy people sharing where they were in the comment section below. I have to approve them, so please don’t be disappointed if it takes some time to get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment