Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Rick Santorum Leaves Race - Sorrow but Don't Despair

I admit that I have been very disappointed that Rick Santorum dropped out of the race for U.S. President.   The reason it is so sad is that I had hoped and prayed for mercy for this country.  Romney has said the right things, but his actions as governor of Massachusetts said otherwise.  I wanted a truly pro-life & true Biblical marriage candidate who would not be like Arnold Schwarzenegger in California. 

Some verses came to mind during this time that I wanted to share with people.  If you have also been disappointed, perhaps you will identify with my thought processes.

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, But desire fulfilled is a tree of life.  Proverbs 13:12 NASB

When the righteous increase, the people rejoice, But when a wicked man rules, people groan.    Proverbs 29:2 NASB

Okay, so I have to face the sorrowful fact that we may be facing more times of trial in this country.  With that, we may be facing a higher degree of persecution for standing up for Biblical principles than ever before.  Already that is beginning to happen in America, and I realize that it is happening around the world.  In some places it has been happening to a much greater degree for a long time.   God has had mercy and allowed for Christians to have much freedom here for many years.

Tonight something came to mind that happened in the life of David.  Perhaps there is no direct relationship here, but I think I can take some solace from it.  For many of us the grieving is a little like someone who has lost someone or something valuable that they greatly cherished.  Our nation has sinned against God, so while we long and pray for mercy we know that we are not deserving of it.

Then his servants said to him, “What is this thing that you have done? While the child was alive, you fasted and wept; but when the child died, you arose and ate food.”
He said, “While the child was still alive, I fasted and wept; for I said, ‘Who knows, the LORD may be gracious to me, that the child may live.’
“But now he has died; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me.”   2 Samuel 12:21-23

So, although I still sorrow, I know that this is all within God's plan and will.  Perhaps His will is not the same kind of mercy that we desired, but we still know that He is good to those of us who put our trust in Him.  God will bring His good and purpose, and now we must keep fighting the fight of faith.   The war is not a physical one but a spiritual one.   Thankfully, I know that God will win ultimately, but I know that things are going to get worse here on earth.  I have been blessed to have been around for times when there were positive things that have happened on earth, although bad things are always present as well.  God is still my Father, and I know that He will take care of me no matter who is in power.

The following was written at a time when people were suffering and dying for their faith in Jesus:

For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:17-18 NASB


I would like to share the following site with people that has a potentially life-changing message:

http://www.areyouagoodperson.org/




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this inspiring post. These Bible verses are comforting.

    ReplyDelete