Search This Blog

Friday, June 15, 2012

I Can Only Imagine (Cover by Hannah Coulombe)

Some years back in California, I remember hearing about a soldier who died.   His favorite song had been MercyMe's "I Can Only Imagine".  I believe it was played at his funeral.   When I heard about that it really made the song that much more meaningful to me.   You never know when you are going to die.  I hope you are ready.  http://needGod.com

As a Christian I know that I will go to Heaven when I die, but it's so hard for me to fathom the freedom and complete unfettered joy and awesomeness of being in God's presence in a new way.
While I am often a doctrinely-minded person (if that's a word), I also think there is a place for emotion in worship.  Moses glowed after being in God's presence without even seeing His face.  When we see Jesus in His glorified state, it will be amazing! 

I came across this girl's singing while looking for an entirely different song.  While she has yet to reach the point of showing the feeling the words evoke, there was something nostalgic about her singing that I can appreciate.  It's good when young people sing songs that honor God.  If a person is a true believer, then one day they will realize just how short life is and depraved the world is and look forward more to Heaven and being in the presence of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment