Search This Blog

Friday, October 19, 2012

The Consolations of the Lord

 As many of you now know, I have had increasing physical problems lately that have limited me more and more in recent times (Fibromyalgia, P.O.T.S. and possibly neurocardiogenic syncope, etc.).   During this time I have discovered others who suffer from similar trials in their life, and I want to encourage them with some verses that have ministered to me both now and over the years.  I also know that it is easy to get depressed over what you have lost, the limitations, the pain, the dizziness, the isolation that these things can bring.  I've found that it helps to get the mind off of self and onto God and others.  Sometimes that means additional pain, dizziness & head ringing for me by my using the internet to try to encourage others, share the Gospel & to fellowship with other believers when I cannot see them in person.  Yes, there can be stress and emotional distress, but these are all cares I try to cast on the Lord and trust to His will.  

Cast your burden upon the LORD and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.  Psalm 55:22

When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul.  Psalm 94:19

"The steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect peace, Because he trusts in You.  Isaiah 26:3

God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble.  Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change And though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea; Though its waters roar and foam, Though the mountains quake at its swelling pride.  Psalm 46:1-3

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains; From where shall my help come?  My help comes from the LORD, Who made heaven and earth.  He will not allow your foot to slip; He who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, He who keeps Israel Will neither slumber nor sleep.  Psalm 121:1-3

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.  Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD
Psalm 27:13-14

Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why have you become disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him, The help of my countenance and my God.  Psalm 42:11

The steps of a man are established by the LORD, And He delights in his way.  When he falls, he will not be hurled headlong, Because the LORD is the One who holds his hand.  I have been young and now I am old, Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken Or his descendants begging bread.  Psalm 37:23-25

All Scriptures are in the NASB version.

No comments:

Post a Comment