Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tracts At Doctor's Office & Benjamin Franklin Quote

I thought it was very interesting to hear the answer on the On The Box show about giving Gospel tracts in the doctor's office. I missed the answer pretty much when it was live as my connection was having trouble. Thankfully I have now been able to see it on their Youtube channel. It's just over 15:50 minutes in, so just drag the ball that moves across below the picture until the time says that below if you are interested.

I hope I can have some courage to hand out some tracts more. My dentist and my main doctor go to my church, but that doesn't mean that all of their staff are Christians or the other people at doctor type places that I go to.

As a follow-up to the 4th of July, and for those who missed reading this on my Facebook status, I thought I'd put the Benjamin Franklin quote that is worth thinking about.
"I've lived, Sir, a long time, and the longer I live, the more convincing Proofs I see of this Truth — That God governs in the Affairs of Men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without his Notice, is it probable that an Empire can rise without his Aid? We have been assured, Sir, in the Sacred Writings, that except the Lord build the House they labor in vain who build it. I firmly believe this, — and I also believe that without his concurring Aid, we shall succeed in this political Building no better than the Builders of Babel: We shall be divided by our little partial local interests; our Projects will be confounded, and we ourselves shall become a Reproach and Bye word down to future Ages. Speech to the Constitutional Convention (28 June 1787); Manuscript notes by Franklin preserved in the Library of Congress."
I got this from http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Benjamin_Franklin
Benjamin Franklin was a deist earlier on, but some believed that changed when he was older like when he said the above I think.
Oh, and many historians say that the Declaration of Independence was signed on August 4th, although some of the signers said or wrote that it was July 4th.

No comments:

Post a Comment