Search This Blog

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Remembering Christ's Death & Resurrection

Many people will be thinking about Jesus' death and resurrection in the next few days.

I decided to sing a verse of this song that William Cowper wrote the words of.
He suffered depression and mental illness and was suicidal.  Still, God used Him.
His lyrics still resonate today, because they point to Christ as our hope.

When I think about just how awful a sinner I am, I am that much more thankful that on the cross that Jesus took the wrath meant for me.  I am thankful that I am forgiven, and that Jesus' resurrection conquering death means that I can also rise from the dead and be with Him for eternity!

There Is A Fountain Filled With Blood from ktinchrist on GodTube.


Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life.
Romans 6:4 NASB

No comments:

Post a Comment